Known as an engaging speaker, trainer, coach, and consultant, Kim brings experience that ranges from facilitation and entrepreneurship to leadership development, communication skills, systems thinking, and personal branding. Her easygoing style and sense of humor has made her a hit with audiences large and small for the past two decades.
Kim has trained and coached over fifty thousand leaders from Fortune 500 companies including Amazon, American Airlines, BMW, Boeing, DENSO, GE, Kimberly Clark, Lockheed Martin, Nielsen, and Target, as well as worked on licensing deals with Warner Brothers, Disney, and MGM. She understands the facets of corporate cultures and uses her facilitation skills to challenge people to step outside their comfort. Her experience has enabled her to work with leaders from eighteen countries spanning nineteen industries. Kim has a wealth of experience working with diverse leadership groups such as Hispanic Forums, Asian-American Councils, and Women’s Leadership Series. She is a certified InsideOut™ Coach and has experience coaching leaders one-on-one from companies such as GE, Lockheed Martin, and BMW.
She has been a guest on the Entrepreneurial Podcast Network, The Big Idea with Donnie Deutsch and Start-Up Nation Radio. Kim has been featured in articles for Women’s Entrepreneurship Magazine, Ladies Who Launch and the Wall Street Journal. Kim has been published in Women’s World Magazine and has a book she co-authored with Jeff Black, Unleash Your BS (Best Self). She released a book at the end of 2017 geared towards women titled Your Lion Inside: Tapping Into the Power Within. Kim will be releasing another book for a broader audience in the Fall of 2018 titled The Miss Priss Story: A Miracle of Change.
Her business journey has taken her across the globe, to almost every state in the US, small towns and big cities coast-to-coast, and even included a walk down the red carpet at the Hollywood premiere of the Harry Potter movie, Order of the Phoenix. Kim’s invitation from Warner came as a result of an exclusive licensing deal she held for a Harry Potter product line. To see new media coverage Click Here.
If you are going to trust me to show you how to rewrite YOUR life story, I think it’s only fair that I share a bit of my own story with you.
I am a graduate of the school of hard knocks, have a masters in persuasion, and a doctorate in rewriting life stories. (Officially I graduated from a small liberal arts college, but this is a more accurate description of what life has taught me thus far.)
From my earliest memories, I always wanted to be a writer. Turns out, I have grown up to be a prolific rewriter. For every challenging chapter in life, I’ve had to make a conscious choice to rewrite a successful follow-up chapter. I magnify H.O.P.E. - harnessing our power everyday.
- Born with hearing impairment in both ears which resulted in my having to wear hearing aids for much of my life. I have many memories of my mother taping hearings aids to my head so my coke bottle glasses would not knock them off. Thank heavens I was spared the additional turmoil of braces! The good news? Being “disabled” helped me find much needed resources for college and taught me #Gratitude for the smallest of blessings.
- Lived through difficult family dynamics which led to a severe eating disorder. It was only after decades of gut-wrenching hard work that I finally overcame the physical and emotional challenges. The good news? I truly understand the pain many face on a daily basis and am living proof you can #RewriteYourStory
- Lost over 100 pounds and have kept it off for 12 years. Aside from that being a victory in and of itself, see point above. Nothing short of a miracle! The good news? I have been able to use my business training in systems thinking to make long-lasting change for myself and others. #StructuresDriveBehavior
- Weathered two divorces. The first was extraordinarily difficult from my parents divorce (I love you Mom & Dad), and then I experienced one of my own after 20 years of marriage. I am very proud that we did the divorce as well as we did, for the sake of our only child. I am living proof we don’t have to repeat history. #MentalModelShift
- Courageously launched a start-up (after all, entrepreneurship is in my blood!) with my young daughter years ago. We raised almost $1M in capital, and we had licenses from Disney and Warner Brothers. (Did someone mention Harry Potter?) Click here to see a 9 yr old VP in action. Click here to read The Wall Street Journal article. The end of the story was life-changing as I abruptly lost everything, personally and professionally, starting over at 42. The good news? I learned time really does heal, the sun comes up every day, and it is possible to hit rock bottom so low, there really is #nowheretogobutUP
Each life challenge seems so neatly tucked into a bullet above, but as you and I both know, life is anything but neat. The challenges demanded I choose one of two paths – victimhood or VICTORY. I chose the latter . . . every . . .single . . . time. I have rewritten my life story – and reinvented myself – over and over and over again. And now I have found the courage to share from the heart and encourage others to consider a rewrite too. I have finally realized it is often through our mistakes, and sometimes even our failures, that we find our humanity.
We don’t get to control every twist and turn – those challenging chapters happen to us all. We are all authors who have the opportunity to rewrite our life story. Here’s the thing: we are always reinventing ourselves and rewriting our stories because life has a way of presenting us with new challenges.
The #DEFINING DIFFERENCE between our today and our tomorrow is . . . CHOICE. What will you choose?